Tuesday, 6 September 2011
Style ala Aviation - USAF A2 Flying Jacket
Made from 100% goatskin leather, dark tan colour with luxurious lining, this superlative leather pilot jacket is styled on the classic USAF A2 flight jacket and made to the same high standards, but with a European flair.
The original 'A2' military flying jacket (also sometimes called a 'bomber' jacket') was worn by World War II US Army pilots, and their jackets were often decorated with squadron patches and elaborate artwork painted on the back.
If the style looks familiar, that's probably because you've seen it worn by the stars of any number of films and TV series - The Great Escape for example.
This particular A2 jacket is known as 'Barone Volante' to reflect its European origin and is sold 'unadorned' and 'un-aged' so you can personalise it to your own style.
Exceptionally comfortable and warm, yet suprisingly light weight (especially when compared to the 'Irvin'-style RAF Flying Jackets), this is a jacket you can comfortably wear both inside and outside the cockpit.
- 100% goatskin leather dark tan
- Luxurious silk-effect lining
- Heavy-duty brass zips, buttons and fittings
- 'Storm' flap with button closured over front zip
- Ribbed cuffs and waist
- Two external waist pockets with button closure
- Single external breast pocket
- Single inside pocket
- Durable and hard-wearing to last a lifetime of flying